- Alginates are made of soft non-woven fibers derived from seaweed.
- They are usually in the forms of pads, ropes or ribbons.
- Alginates absorb wound exudate and form a gel-like covering over the wound, maintaining a moist wound environment.
- Most alginates absorb many times their own weight.
- The dry dressing, however, is extremely lightweight.
Product Name Manufacturer SILVERCEL 4.25X4.25 ALGINATE JOHNSON & JOHNSON� SILVERCEL 4X8 ALGINATE JOHNSON & JOHNSON� SILVERCEL 2X2 CALCIUM ALGINATE JOHNSON & JOHNSON� SILVERCEL 12" CALCIUM ALGINATE ROPE JOHNSON & JOHNSON� MAXORB 2X2 ALGINATE MEDLINE� MAXORB 4X5 ALGINATE MEDLINE� MAXORB 12' ALGINATE ROPE MEDLINE� MAXORB SILVER 2X2 ALGINATE MEDLINE� MAXORB SILVER 4X5 ALGINATE MEDLINE� MAXORB SILVER ALGINATE ROPE MEDLINE� MPM Excel Ginate 4X4 Dressing MPM� MPM Excel Ginate 12" Rope MPM� Reliamed 12"Calcium Algin RELIAMED� Reliamed 4X4 Calcium Algin RELIAMED� ACTICOAT ABSORBENT 4X5 DRESSING SMITH & NEPHEW�
Please call with any questions or concerns regarding use or application process as it applies to a specific wound or to a specific wound location, or with any other questions or concerns about what may be utilized in a particular situation.